As I am writing this, I currently don’t have electricity – the power has gone out. So since I spend most of my time on the computer, what can I do? Luckily, I have a laptop that lasts for 2 hours (so hopefully the power will be restored by then) and I am tethering an internet connection from my mobile phone. So technically, I am just sitting at my desk pretending I am connected to my home WiFi.
So if the power doesn’t come back on my the time by the time I run out of juice on my laptop? What can I do. I have no gaming consoles to play, I hate reading books, I am home by myself with no one to talk to. It’s wet, windy and raining outside.
So I Googled “Things To Do When You Don’t Have Electicity” and found this blog post. Let’s go through it:
- Read a book – I hate reading so that’s not going to happen. I could always read the newspaper that’s sitting on the kitchen table
- Clean your room – well I have already done that. I always seem to clean my room when I am in exam periods because I can’t be bothered studying and I know I can’t waste my time on my computer – so I clean my room (and I am in the exam block now so it’s clean)
- Cook Dinner – Well it’s 11am, and I don’t like cooking, so that’s out of the question
- Catch-up on sleep – well I had 12 hours sleep the night before, so I am not that tired. Plus I want to be awake for my exams and I don’t want to upset my sleeping patterns. And I absolutely hate afternoon naps (or morning naps as it currently is)
- Round up buddies and play cricket – they have exams and it’s cold and wet outside
- Go shopping – I have no money in my wallet, plus I am out of fuel and don’t really need to buy anything
So my conclusion? When there is no electricity, you are basically doomed. I also just realised, when you are doing a degree on Internet Systems – when there is no power, theirs no job 🙁
So what did I do when the power was out? I blogged this post.
What do you do when the powers out?