Frequently Asked Question
How can I protect myself online?
A list of things to do and check to protect yourself
- Format your computer or get an new one - make sure there are no viruses or keyloggers on there. Install antivirus software such as Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Change all your passwords and secrete questions to websites/facebook/email etc - in case they've secretly been spying on you
- Do a google search on yourself, and make sure no private information comes up
- Make your Facebook account private so no one knows where you are or what you are doing. Also, it might be wise to clean up your friends list
- Browse websites with SSL and HTTPS
- Secure your home network and Wireless Router
- Check your details on reverse lookup services
- Improve your knowledge (read) about Network Security and Security attacks
- Read some more tips on how to protect your online identity
- Remove personal and unwanted information from Google