I was approached by ColaSoft to try out their network analysis software, and I have to say that I am impressed.
They gave me an Evaluation Copy to try out their software which included:
I have been using Wireshark at my University, but I like Colasoft’s Network Analyzer much better. Why? Because it has more features, easier navigation and reports. The only downside to this compared to Wireshark, is that it is not free. Capsa Network Analyzer (Packet Sniffer) comes at a cost with a starting price of $549. But if your are a Network Analysis, you should definitely buy this software.
Capsa Network Analyser provides real-time packet capturing and 24/7 monitoring.
Here is a list of my thoughts about Colasoft’s network analysis software:
- Easy to use graphical user interface
- Detailed reports about the types of packets, errors, and different connections, such as HTTP, and Instant Messaging activities
- Network and packet diagnostics
- It is easy to view an analyse packet information, there source and destinations
- It contains logs from different requests
- Shows live graphs about packets being transmitted
- Has automated, and detailed reports
- I also liked the Mac Scanner and its capabilities.
Another good thing about Colasoft Capsa is that the support and live demo’s are very helpful, and if you are new to packet analysis, this software is very easy to learn on how to use.
Whenever you need to use a parked sniffer, or network analysis software, you should check out Colasoft and their great programs. If the price is too high for you, you can always go back to Wireshark which is free, but after using Capsa, Wireshark is pretty bad.
If you want more information about Colasoft Capsa, have a read of the datasheet, or you can download the 15 day free trial to see if for yourself.
If you have used this program before or have brought products of Colasoft before, please let us know what you think.