You need to log on to your wireless router and secure your wireless connection by adding a WPA/WPA2-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key). You then have to update the WiFi settings on all your connected devices.
To do this:
- Determine what Brand and Model Router you have by looking at it
- Find your Routers IP Address so you can connect to it. http://portforward.com/networking/routers_ip_address.htm
- Log on with your username and password. If you haven’t changed the password, you can find the default login details at http://portforward.com/default_username_password/
- Each routers different, so you have to find the page of your WiFi Settings. Look for terms such as security, WiFi Settings, Connected Devices, LAN, Wireless etc. If you can’t find the page, Google your modem/router Brand and Model name and secure wireless.
- Set a new password
- Connect to the Wireless Network on your WiFi devices and enter the password you just set