Being somewhat young, there are a few things the oldies thought was the norm back in the day. Geek Dad from Wired.com has made up a list of some of the forgotten things us younger generation may not know about or have never experienced. Below are just a few of them to get your appetite, so follow the link to read the entire list.
- Inserting a VHS tape into a VCR to watch a movie or to record something.
- Super-8 movies and cine film of all kinds.
- Playing music on an audio tape using a personal stereo.
Computers and Videogaming
- Wires. OK, so they’re not gone yet, but it won’t be long
- The scream of a modem connecting.
- The buzz of a dot-matrix printer
- NCSA Mosaic.
- Finding out information from an encyclopaedia.
- Using a road atlas to get from A to B.
- Doing bank business only when the bank is open.
- Shopping only during the day, Monday to Saturday.
- Putting film in your camera: 35mm may have some life still, but what about APS or disk?
- Sending that film away to be processed.
- Having physical prints of photographs come back to you.
- Taking turns picking a radio station, or selecting a tape, for everyone to listen to during a long drive.
- Remembering someone’s phone number.
- Not knowing who was calling you on the phone.
You can read the entire list of 100 at Geek Dad.