Learn with Jack Cola - Network and System Administration
Network and System Administration
In the next few months, I will be looking into “Network and System Administration”. I will be writing about a number of topics providing information, definitions, and techniques all related about administrating systems and networks.
This page will act as a table of contents for each post.
- An Introduction To Network And System Administration – The main role of a network and system administrator, troubleshooting problems, change management, the skills required for system and network administrator
- This article focuses on what it is like to be a system and network administrator, some of the tasks involved, and why it is crucial to have 100% uptime (or close to it) on critical services
- The OSI Network Management Model – fault management, configuration management, accounting management, performance management, security management
- The OSI Network Management model is a model of the major functions of network management systems. This post outlines the importance of each section, also known as FCAPS
- A Brief Comparison Between UNIX and Windows for a System and Network Administrator – How is UNIX different from Windows
- This article outlines a number of reasons why UNIX is different to the Microsoft Windows Operating System