Frequently Asked Question
How to get Wireless Internet in your appartment when you don't have a Fixed Internet connection or Wireless Router
If you are living somewhere and you don't have a fixed internet connection, or a wireless router, but you do have a mobile internet connection, here are a few ways you can share this internet connection with other devices in hour house.
- Get an android phone with a large dataplan and tether through the phone's Wifi. Depending on your phone, it will create a Wireless HotSpot which you can connect other devices to your phone
- If you don't have a phone, but a Mobile USB dongle, setup an adhoc wireless connection with 1 other device you want to share the internet with. This will allow you to share the internet from the computer that has the USB dongle installed to another laptop
- If your network is on a LAN, set up your computer with the Mobile USB dongle installed as a proxy server, so other devices on the same network need to go through that computer to get the internet connection
- Just buy a mobile WiFi HotSpot dongle to connect your devices
- Install Virtual Wifi Software, which turns your computer into a WiFi hotspot (the same as option one, but you use your computer rather than your phone
I hope these tips will help you.